Tuesday, September 3, 2024

At The Lost MInes, With The Candles and the Kobolds

Somewhere out there, there are fans of kobolds. Those rat like, candle carrying little miseries who assault you when you first enter the game in Elwynn Forest.

For sure, someone on the dev staff loves them, because kobolds have been given a lavish life under the surface of the planet.

Here are the Lost Mines, where you collect candles, kill kobolds, and admire the warm toasty underground candlelit world.





I love this guy and I could just watch him walk around the mines.



Those wily kobolds have been holding out on us even more.  In a place called The Warrens, the kobolds live in candle laden luxury.





I've taken a small break with Atherne for Darkmoon Faire and am sending in my Proudmoore Blacksmith, a Reddit poster showed you could get extra Herbalism and Mining Khaz Algar knowledge at Darkmoon.

It's true for Herbalism and also for Alchemy.  Maybe the other professions as well?  Perhaps I'll send one of each profession through to Dornogal this week.




2 comments:

  1. That's interesting. There's a whole zone in EverQuest called The Warrens and it's an underground cave system almost entirely populated by Kobolds. It's been there since about 2001, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never played the original Everquest at all. Are there kobolds in EQ2? I am not remembering any in the small amount of time I've played EQ2. Blizzard does like to borrow from others. But "with changes" as they now like to phrase it. Tell me the Everquest Warrens were as appealing as these! Atheren

    ReplyDelete

Sojourner of the Ringing Deeps

  There were 5 or six more quests after the last two I could see.  I persevered, did I not?  Yes, I did.  Look at that nice payoff.  Also, A...