Thursday, February 11, 2021

What Would Ely Do?

 My unassuming Fire Mage has become the model for how characters play out their sessions this expansion.

 


She's level 54 and just about finished with Bastion.  

She's a Tailor and Enchanter, so while she's out fighting things, she keeps in mind that her "nodes" for craft items are NPCs and she takes out as many as she comes across, going for that nice Shrouded Cloth and Lightless Silk.  Anything not useful to her or another, she Disenchants.

Thanks to this character, I'm also a huge fan of Fishing, Hunting, and Cooking.  Any pool, any time, particularly if there's a nice school of fish.

I'm buying bait.   Every character cooks up some nice food and drink when they're in Oribos.

I find, in many expansions, particularly Legion and beyond, I have done little crafting.

My philosophy now is I have two years to not just power level characters, but to gear them up well as they go, and to get all the Tradeskills leveled as I go too.

Ely, for instance, is one of three cloth wearers on Blackwater Raiders.  In the past I wouldn't make any armor till my character would be able to wear it.  Unfortunately by the time they could wear it I'd have forgotten about it. 

Now Ely makes three of each cloth piece she can make, notes the level, and carefully makes sure the characters equip as they're able.  Very nice!   The cloth armorer of course has the advantage of getting cloth from all 11 other BWR characters. 

The Leatherworker and Blacksmith have to scavenge their own materials.  Ores in particular are hard to grab before someone else gets them.

There you go. What would  Ely do?  Craft as you level, always hunt, fish, and cook as you go.  It is very much like treasure hunting, which I always love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atheren's Adventures

 Shouldn't have killed off my old Atheren's Adventures blog.  After I did, someone claimed the name and URL afterwards (weirdos).   ...