Monday, February 15, 2021

Weekend Realm Hopping

 Mel, our intrepid BWR Retribution Paladin had a bit of a rougher time after her previous section.  She was inexplicably swarmed in two spots of the Temple of Purity.  It's not like her to be dead.

Luckily once at Xandria's Vigil, she was fine.  And not dead.


 

She's done with Bastion except for the Necrotic Wake Dungeon, which I haven't done with Ely either.

So in my short time in Beta I did two dungeons, because I needed extra xp towards the next level or I couldn't move on. And I had done all the quests available.  The group for this one wasn't very good, or nice.  The whole group wiped let me say at least six times right where the dungeon starts. Just at the steps! Not a good sign, right?

Moving on, more wipes.  At the last boss, where apparently a random player gets tossed down to this little gauntlet , of course my character is tossed. Dies, comes all the way back, tossed right down again.  They finally defeat the boss.  Then, they have this little chat about how they did better last time with better DPS.  Right.  So now I don't want to goooo in!  But I'm going to watch videos of it innumerable times and we shall see.

On ER, my Rogue is doing Draenor.  I had planned to just move everyone up to BFA here, but you can't wear any of the armor till level 45 there.  And she began Draenor at 31.  She had a terrible time getting there, and could not for anything beat the bird in the cave that comes right before your garrison.  I had to ask my son to send a character there to help her with the fight!  She's now level 39 and is getting better, and is making useful armor.  Poor Nypster! (I've got nicknames for everyone)



 Draenor is still my favorite expansion.  I love the Garrison, the buildings, the treasures everywhere.  They've nerfed fishing reward xp to 5 for each completed quest.  Not very nice.

I love fishing here anyway, and I always go where the fish are, I never just stood around my Garrison fishing in the pool there.  I never got the highest level Fishing Shack.  Nypster is my girl.

I also seriously love Cooking in Draenor, getting those new recipes every time you cook something!

Also on ER a new mage!  No idea why, she just appeared and is now a solid member of the guild there (wink).


Following in the What Would Ely Do mode, everyone now fishes on their turn.


 

This is my ER Warlock who forever has been Enchanting and Skinning.  Suddenly, she's the main Tailor on that server, and my Hunter, who was always the Tailor (bad choice) is now in Bastion and is Leatherworking and Skinning.

On the character screen, where you can move your characters around to show their level of play and or importance,  my little Warlock has moved up to the number three spot.  :)

Speaking of importance, on BWR my little Arms Warrior/Engineer/Miner is suddenly the next active character to move through and finish Bastion.  She is having better luck than Mel finding Ore.  And she made a single grenade she can't wait to use called a Nutcracker.


I found she had several BFA Engineering recipes that are so cool, but I needed Wire.  Went back there to grab some!  A personal Transmog device, a portable stable for a Hunter...and can't recall the other.  Nice stuff!  My little Engineer will be having a good time.

Again with the character shuffling, my Engineer and Jeweler keep and use the ore they pick up. But I have three characters on BWR who can grab Minerals and Herbs.  Those go to the Blacksmith and Alchemist.

I was pleased to loot, with different characters, Warglaives for my Demon Hunter.  Interesting though I like playing her, I've never made another.


 

You see the beauty of it all.  I may not be doing Mythics or Torghast, but I'll still be puttering along when those folks have gotten bored and moved on to something else.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Atheren's Adventures

 Shouldn't have killed off my old Atheren's Adventures blog.  After I did, someone claimed the name and URL afterwards (weirdos).   ...